Global Left Midweek - December 26, 2018
- Syria: The Rojava Revolution Was Made By a Struggling People
- South Africa: NUMSA Launches Party
- UK: Making Sense of Brexit's Deep Divisions
- Albania: Escalation of Students’ Protests
- Sudan Insurgency
- Killing Fields of Colombia and Brazil
Matt Broomfield / Red Pepper (London)
Many Western and international leftists are crowing over peace as though peace will now come or sneering at the Kurds for “refusing to learn from their mistakes” and accepting American air cover in their death-struggle against Daesh.
Imraan Buccus / The Mercury (Durban)
Vasilios Ioakimidis / transform! Europe (Vienna)
Gentiola Madhi / Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso - Transeuropa (Rovereto, Italy)
Arwa Ibrahim / Al Jazeera (Doha, Qatar)
Eric Draitser / CounterPunch (Petrolia CA)
At least ten indigenous people were murdered in Colombia just in the last week. In Brazil, Bolsonaro represents a unique threat to activists from all spheres, especially indigenous and peasant communities.