Media Bits and Bytes - April 2, 2019
- The Biggest Issue Surrounding Net Neutrality
- Lawmakers Target NSA's Domestic Phone Spying
- Digital Divides
- Local News Is Dying, and Americans Have No Idea
- Pearson and Google Partner to Steal the Minds of Children
- Tech Platforms, White Nationalism and Islamic Terrorism
With the ‘Save The Internet Act’ rolling along, what is the biggest divide between Republicans and Democrats?
"The NSA's sprawling phone records dragnet was born in secrecy, defended with lies, and never stopped a single terrorist attack," said Sen. Ron Wyden.
Scott McLemee reviews two books about our networked society that raise rather dystopian concerns.
While the industry nose-dives, a large majority of the country thinks it is doing great.
Predator cyber companies are promoting more and more online products targeting children and parents who think they will give their kids an educational boost.
By Nitasha Tiku
March 20, 2019
Big Tech expends more effort to curb the spread of terrorist content from high-profile foreign groups, while applying fewer resources and less urgency toward terrorist content from white supremacists.