Media Bits and Bytes - September 10, 2019
- Google Facing Antitrust Investigation
- Is Amazon a Nation-State?
- Another Network is Possible
- Why Conservative Pundits Are Always in Demand
- Spider-Man: Intellectual Property or Public Domain?
- Epstein and Techno-Elite Culture
- Remembering Cyber Activist Gene Crick
- Tech Leaders Decry Online White Supremacism
September 10, 2019
Fifty state attorneys general, led by Texas, have announced an investigation into Google's "potential monopolistic behavior." Nine of 10 online searches are conducted through Google, and the company has been criticized for prioritizing its subsidiaries in search results.
Amazon is levying taxes on French businesses after France approved a tax on the tech giant.
Indymedia defined an early era of networked protest — and showed us another way the web could work.
By David Atkins
August 31, 2019
By Peter Robson
September 2, 2019
Green Left Weekly
By Evgeny Morozov
September 7, 2019
By Karen Gullo
September 4, 2019
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Gene was a tireless advocate for digital rights for everyone in the state of Texas. He worked to bring free Internet access to communities, especially rural and underserved areas, and advocated for broadband access for rural communities.
By Megan Rose Dickey
August 13, 2019
Build Tech We Trust refers to itself as a collective of tech CEOs, activists, changemakers and workers who are committed to countering hate and terrorism.