Media Bits and Bytes – All-Facebook Edition
- America Doesn't Trust Facebook – Casey Newton (The Verge)
- Does Even Mark Zuckerberg Know What Facebook Is? – Max Read (New York Magazine}
- People at Facebook Don’t Know How Facebook Works – Kashmir Hill (Gizmodo)
- How People Inside Facebook are Reacting to the Company’s Election Crisis – Charlie Warzel (BuzzFeed)
- Opinion: Why Facebook’s Dual News Feed Pilot is a Nightmare for Publishers – Manish Maheshwari (Moneycontrol)
- Social Media Bots Threaten Democracy. But We Are Not Helpless – Samuel Woolley and Marina Gorbis (The Guardian)
By Casey Newton
October 27, 2017
By Max Read
October 1, 2017
New York Magazine
By Kashmir Hill
October 13, 2017
This big blue machine plays an ever-expanding role in society and in the lives of many individual users, but no one seems to have a solid grasp on either the minutiae of what’s going on there or the larger repercussions of it.
By Charlie Warzel
October 20, 2017
By Manish Maheshwari
October 28, 2017
Facebook shouldn’t create barriers that render quality content irrelevant. If it does, the very pillar on which news media stands, will lose its value...
By Samuel Woolley and Marina Gorbis
October 16, 2017
Ever-more sophisticated Facebook and Twitter bots can sway political opinions. We have the technology to counter this – we need the will to use it.