Global Left Midweek - December 12, 2018
- Greece: How Crete Kicked Out Golden Dawn
- Iran: Our Bodies Are a Battleground
- Unravelling of the Palestinian National Movement
- The Current Leaders Are an Obstacle To the Unification of Africa
- Spain Against Itself
- In Buenos Aires, All Roads Lead To Resistance
- To Understand the ‘Yellow Vests’, Look To French Guiana
- More News About the Vests
Jessica Bateman / The Guardian (London)
Annahita Moradi / Red Pepper (London)
Today, a large population of Iranians are displaying civil disobedience. Taking to the streets with their hair illegally on show, they aren’t calling for a hijab ban. But the opposite: the freedom of choice.
Osama Al Sharif / Gulf News (Dubai)
Horace G. Campbell / Pambazuka News (Oxford)
Jorge Tamames / Jacobin (New York)
Peoples Dispatch (New Delhi)
Manu Saadia / Washington Post
During the last French presidential campaign, a group of grass-roots activists in Guiana began demonstrating against the sale of a nonprofit hospital to a private operator. As its support widened among the population, the movement and its leaders broadened the scope of their demands.
John Mullen / die Linke Berlin Internationals
France is not on the edge of a revolutionary situation or of a civil war. But the movement is on the rise, and very determined.