Dispatches From the Culture Wars - September 3, 2019
- Overture to Climate Strike: Greta at UN
- Pitiful Showing for Straight Pride
- Everything We Know About the Drive-By Mass Shooting in Odessa
- Violence in the Name of Trump
- Locker Room Nudity in America
- Why the Center Cannot Hold
- Shame of the Border Crisis
Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg joined the rally in New York, a prelude a global youth-led strike to take place in September.
By John Hilliard, Sarah Wu, Brian MacQuarrie and Aimee Ortiz
August 31, 2019
By Chas Danner
September 2, 2019
New York Magazine
Despite the fact that four of the ten worst mass shootings in American history have been committed in Texas, the state was hours away from enacting multiple new laws that would further reduce gun-control measures as the west Texas shooting was playing out.
Dozens of supporters of Donald Trump have carried out or threatened acts of violence. Here, the Guardian lists them all.
How HBO’s ‘Euphoria’ tackled a fear that many men have.
By Ingar Solty
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
By Luis Alberto Urrea
August 2, 2019
We have gone instantly from the land of “helicopter parents” to the land that chases parents with helicopters.