Dispatches From the Cuture Wars - July 17, 2018
- Rebuilding the Working Class - Karen Nussbaum (Dissent)
- No Country of Civil Men - Chris Lehmann (The Baffler)
- What Activists are Doing to Prepare for a World Without Roe v. Wade - Amanda Michelle Gomez (Think Progress)
- Self-Described Nazis and White Supremacists are Running as Republicans Across the Country. The GOP is Terrified. - Jane Coaston (Vox)
- NFL Embraces White Supremacists, Again. Now Players and Fans are Taking a Stand. - David Levitt (Medium)
- Meet Ash Sarkar, the Communist Who Called Piers Morgan an "Idiot" - Lucy Diavolo (Teen Vogue)
By Karen Nussbaum
The challenge for Democrats is not just winning the 2018 election—it is radically changing how voters perceive government, politics, and the priorities of parties in order to win them over in the long run.
Being nice keeps bloated Democrats in place and lets Republicans off the hook.
By Amanda Michelle Gomez
July 3, 2018
Transportation, lodging, self-managed abortion: what activists are thinking about with Roe at risk.
By Jane Coaston
July 9, 2018
The racist candidates are expected to lose, but they could drag their party down with them.
By David Levitt
June 30, 2018
Successful takedowns of racist sponsors have begun, with boycotts and much more due for the NFL this season.
By Lisa Diavolo
July 16, 2018
Sarkar spoke with Teen Vogue about that moment with Morgan and what being a literal communist means when you're talking about U.S. presidents past and future.