Media Bits and Bytes - March 5, 2019
- Trump's Symbiosis of Stupid with Fox News
- UC Pushes for Open Access to Publicly Funded Research
- I Was A Facebook Fact-Checker
- Venezuela Coverage Takes Us Back to Golden Age of Lying About Latin America
- Cable News Learned Nothing From 2016. Sarah Isgur’s Hire Is Proof.
- Firings at TV and Radio Martí Over Antisemitic Soros Attack
- Microsoft Reveals New Russian Hacking Attempts
The president sought to block the AT&T-Time Warner merger in just one of three different moves he made to benefit Fox owner Rupert Murdoch.
The UC system just dropped its $10 million-a-year subscription to the world’s largest publisher of academic journals.
Trying to stem the tsunami of fake news was like battling the Hydra — every time we cut off a virtual head, two more would grow in its place.
The corporate media have continued to peddle the Trump-as-humanitarian-champion line, even after it was revealed that a US plane was caught smuggling weapons into Venezuela.
By Matt Gertz
February 26, 2019
A GOP operative who has never worked as a journalist will be helping to shape the political coverage of CNN, an outlet whose agenda-setting power plays a part in determining which stories receive national attention and how they are covered.
The report raises conspiracy theories about Soros, who is identified as a “left-wing billionaire of Hungarian-Jewish origin” and a “nonpracticing Jew of flexible morals.”
By Andy Kroll
February 20, 2019
Think tanks critical of Putin’s regime were targeted, according to a new report from the tech giant.