Dispatches From the Culture Wars – Scoundrel Time Edition
- Kanye West’s Bastardization of “Free Thinkers” – Jeet Heer (The New Republic)
- Jordan Peterson is On a Crusade to Toughen Up Young Men. It’s Landed Him On Our Cultural Divide. – Karen Heller (Washington Post)
- State of Conflict – Steve Kolowich (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
- The Right To Vote Just Suffered One of Its Worst Losses of the Trump Era – Ian Millhiser (ThinkProgress)
- How the ACORN Scandal Seeded Today’s Nightmare Politics – Zach Carter and Arthur Delaney (HuffPost)
- What Do Incels, Fascists and Terrorists Have in Common? Violent Misogyny – Jason Wilson (The Guardian)
- Bill Cosby’s Guilty Verdict Was Made Possible By Decades of Activism by Black Women – Treva B. Lindsey (Vox)
By Jeet Heer
May 3, 2018
The New Republic
A noble tradition of American dissent has been hijacked by right-wing trolls—including the famous hip-hop artist.
By Karen Heller
May 2, 2018
A couple of years ago, Peterson was a respected though far from famous academic when he began posting his lengthy lectures online. Now there are hours and hours of his talks and interviews on YouTube, a viral Encyclopedia Jordanica with more than a million subscribers.
By Steve Kolowich
April 27, 2018
The Chronicle of Higher Education
How a tiny protest at the U. of Nebraska turned into a proxy war for the future of campus politics.
By Ian Millhiser
April 30, 2018
Want to keep poor voters of color from casting a ballot? A federal appeals court has your back.
By Zach Carter and Arthur Delaney
May 5, 2018
Breitbart led the charge, but Democrats delivered the killing blow. Has anyone really learned?
By Jason Wilson
May 4, 2018
Many accounts of incel subculture have treated it as a sharp deviation from the norm. It’s not.
By Treva B. Lindsey
April 26, 2018
Long before the Cosby trial, black women paved the way for our current robust national conversation about sexual violence.