Dispatches From the Culture Wars
- Get Ready for a Brutal Election About Trump’s Racism and Authoritarianism - Greg Sargent (Washington Post)
- Southern Baptists Call Off the Culture War – Jonathan Merritt (The Atlantic)
- In Name of Free Speech, States Crack Down on Campus Protests – Jeremy W. Peters (New York Times)
- Second and Third Thoughts on Tom Wolfe – Jamie Bernstein (The Nation)
- The Story Behind the Strange Trump Mural Inside a Children’s Immigration Detention Center - Jason Linkins (ThinkProgress)
By Greg Sargent
June 6, 2018
The Washington Post
The GOP is betting that racial and cultural provocations will boost turnout just enough among aging, blue collar and rural white voters unhappy with the evolution of the country to enable them to prevail.
By Jonathan Merritt
June 16, 2018
America’s largest Protestant group moves to cut ties with the Republican Party and re-engage with mainstream culture.
By Jeremy W. Peters
June 12, 2018
New York Times
A growing and well-organized campaign has put academia squarely in the cross hairs of the American right.
By Jamie Bernstein
June 1, 2018
Wolfe helped set blacks against Jews, thereby disempowering both groups.
By Jason Linkins
June 14, 2018
This one piece of art almost perfectly sums up America today.