Dispatches From the Culture Wars - August 14, 2018
- What Sunday’s Unite the Right 2 Rally Tells Us About the State of the Alt-Right in America - Jane Coaston (Vox)
- The Twilight of Free Speech Liberalism - Marin Cogan (The New Republic)
- Meet the Far-Right Conspiracy Idiots Who Stormed Bookmarks - Ben Cowles (Morning Star)
- Trump’s Allies Struggle to Stop QAnon’s Spread - Will Sommer (The Daily Beast)
- White Supremacy Has Always Been Mainstream - Stephen Kantrowitz (Boston Review)
By Jane Coaston
August 12, 2018
Attendance might be low, but we can learn a lot from the rally, counterprotests, and the broader response.
July 16, 2018
The New Republic
The ACLU has transformed itself from a nonpartisan protector of civil liberties into one of Donald Trump’s most bitter political foes.
By Ben Cowles
The halfwits who went berserk in the central London socialist bookshop Bookmarks on Saturday afternoon are supporters of a oddball far-right group called Make Britain Great Again.
By Will Sommer
August 7, 2018
The Daily Beast
Fearing the left will turn the conspiracy theory against them, the president’s cheerleaders try to talk sense into the grassroots. It’s not working.