Global Left Midweek - January 9, 2019
- All India Strike Mobilizes Millions
- Germany: Talking About Power
- Sudan: Protesters and President at Loggerheads
- Nepal: Two Communist Parties Unite
- National Strikes in Zimbabwe
- Bangladesh: Left Front Rejects Vote
Most parts of India faced a shutdown due to the government workers, trade unions, and bankers associations protests against anti-labour policies and unilateral watering down of labourers' rights by the BJP-led NDA government.
Ingar Solty interviewed by Jerko Bakotin / Novosti (Moscow) and Jacobin (New York)
Arwa Ibrahim / Al Jazeera (Doha, Qatar)
Khagendra Prasai / Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung (Berlin)
Pavan Kulkarni / Peoples Dispatch (New Delhi)
The Daily Star (Dhaka)
Voting was meaningless in the 11th national election, well-orchestrated by Awami League to get its desired outcome, according to Left Democratic Alliance, comprised of eight left-leaning parties.