Dispatches From the Culture Wars
- The NRA’s New Scare Tactics – Laura Reston (New Republic)
- Former Steelworkers Divided Over NFL Protests – Len Shindel (Baltimore Post-Examiner)
- The NFL Hates Colin Kaepernick So Much the Tennessee Titans Just Signed Brandon Weeden – Stephen A. Crockett Jr. (The Root)
- Hostile Architecture: A Quiet War Against the Disadvantaged – Tara Joy (Weslyan Argus)
- Michigan Rapist Gets Joint Custody – Mike Martindale (The Detroit News)
- The Radical Reference Librarians Who Use Info to Challenge Authority – Natalie Zarrelli (Atlas Obscura)
By Laura Reston
October 3, 2017
With Trump in the White House, the gun lobby has transformed into a right-wing media outlet.
By Len Shindel ·
October 7, 2017
Despite deep veins of commonality, the chasm on politics and race between my co-workers, amplified on social media, was fiery as a blast furnace during the build-up to the 2016 Presidential Election.
By Stephen A. Crockett Jr.
October 3, 2017
Kaepernick not being picked up by any NFL team is not a football decision. Kaepernick isn’t in the league because he had the audacity to protest the senseless killings of unarmed black men, women and children by police.
By Tara Joy
September 22, 2017
Hostile architecture is meant to discourage people from using public spaces in unconventional ways.
By Mike Martindale
October 6, 2017
The Detroit News
A Sanilac County Circuit judge has granted parenting time and joint legal custody of an 8-year-old boy to a convicted sex offender who allegedly raped the child’s mother nine years ago.
By Natalie Zarrelli
October 03, 2017
An unshushable social movement is afoot.