Dispatches From the Culture Wars - Bad News and Good News
- Election Assessments
- Authoritarians Find Acceptance
- Urban vs Rural
- Trump’s Unexpected Support
- Discrediting the Vote
- NC Cops Break Up Peaceful Voters’ March
- Actually, Lots of Good News
- Progressive Policy Measures Win
- New Power at the City Level
- Keeping Local Action Going
- Oh, How We Danced! (Photos!)
Trump is just one more example of the many populists on the right who have risen to power around the world.
Cities propelled Joe Biden to a Wisconsin win as rural areas double down on Donald Trump.
Trump’s Unexpected Support
Gains With Black Voters By Sean Collins, Vox
Gains Among Latino Voters By Suzanne Gamboa and Carmen Sesin, NBC News
Votes From White Women By Madeline Hislop, Women’s Agenda
By Rachel Hope Cleves
A racist sheriff and a system of voter suppression meet in a cloud of pepper spray.
By Liza Featherstone
Taken together, these types of measures could go a long way in reducing race and gender discrimination around the country.
By Patrick Sisson
By Anoa Changa
People flooded the streets to celebrate Donald Trump’s defeat.